Here is a quick, simple and delicious sweet-spicy vegan coconut curry that can be made in 20-30 mins.
You require the VH red coconut curry sauce for this one. Use whatever veggies/protein you have on hand. I used onions, carrots, mushrooms and tofu. (You can also use broccoli, peas, corn, chickpeas!)
- Cut up tofu in small pieces and fry them on the pan. I used a small amount of olive oil to make the tofu crispy. Turn them over every few minutes so that all sides of tofu are crisp.
- While the tofu is getting crispy, cut up onions and fry them as well with a small amount of oil and salt.
- Slice the carrots and add them to the onions. Toss them until carrots are slightly soft.
- Slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan as well.
- Add the VHSauce, it was quite thick so I did add some water to thin it out. Let simmer for about 5-10 mins.
- Add the tofu. Simmer some more. Another 5 mins.
- This step is optional: I LOVE coriander and cashews. I roasted the cashews and added some chopped coriander to the finished curry! Also for those who enjoy extra spicy you can add fresh green chillies!
- Serve with rice or naan.
Leave a Reply