My third and final recipe for #Choctoberfest ! Something quick, easy and delicious to drink on a cold autumn day is spicy Indian chai. Even better, this has chocolate added to it!
Makes chai for two small cups:
2 Tetley tea bags
1 cup soy milk + extra for frothing
1 cup water
1 tsp cocoa powder
Spices: cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom
Maple syrup to taste
I usually add everything in one pan and bring it to a boil. Turns out delicious and it’s a quick and easy clean up!
1. Grind spices
2. Add 1 cup water, 1 cup soy milk, 2 tea bags, 1 tsp cocoa powder, spices to a pot and bring to a boil! Alternatively, if you like your chai to be much milkier you can skip the water and add 2 cups of soy milk instead but the chai may not be as strong though.
3. Strain tea bags and spices, pour into two mugs.
4. Add 1 tsp maple syrup to each mug (or more for added sweetness as per your taste)
5. Froth a little extra soy milk and pour into cups.
6. Enjoy alone or with some snacks 🙂 Leave a message below to tell me how you liked it!
Peace, Love and Happiness always!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Great post 😊
Chai is one of my favorite drinks, especially in the cooler weather. :] This looks great!
This sounds tasty! I like to steep tea in hot chocolate sometimes. It works really well with Chai and Earl Grey
Yes that would be delicious as well!! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person