Hi everyone, happy Friday!
It has been almost a month since my last post. A lot has happened since then !
We moved to our new condo and have been slowly unpacking our boxes and setting things up. I absolutely love it because we have a view of the beautiful mountains from our windows!
Hubby and I opted to buy a used sofa for an excellent price! Holy cow, we decided to bring it ourselves into our condo, through the elevators and the narrow hallways! I have no words to describe what type of acrobatics we pulled! I cried with happiness when we finally got it into our living room. We definitely re-enacted the “PIVOT!” episode from Friends!
I bought a used leaning shelf for about $15 and added it to our living room just next to he window for my plants! Now my plants have some sunlight! The centre mat is bamboo, not too expensive and easy to clean!
Our final living room looks like this…
We also bought a lot of IKEA items and had it delivered to our home. We had a very entertaining time putting them together one by one. If you are married and you want to put your marriage through a team building exercise – build IKEA furniture together! 😀
It’s kinda cool how furniture pieces that come in two-three boxes can be put together as one amazing thing!
- Easy to build furniture – centre coffee table, side tables, clothing drawers (still not done because they delivered the wrong drawers!)
- Harder to build furniture – Trysil bed
- and Hemnes day bed (we put this in the guest room and it pulls out to a larger bed that can fit two people. I love this!!) I got my friend to help me start putting this together in the day and then Hubby took over after work.
I still have yet to decorate the walls with paintings and Indian wall hangings. Also need to buy some room lamps and side tables.
Lots of travel and hiking updates to come in the next few posts (picture heavy)!
- Granville Island
- Pacific Spirit Regional Park
- Vancouver Island hiking – Ferry ride, rainforests, Ucluelet and Tofino
- Skagitt Valley Tulip Festival
I will leave you with a picture of the beautiful spring blossoms blooming around Vancouver! Visit back soon!