Namaste my readers!
Happy New Year 2018! How did you spend your New Years Eve? Braving the cold, bundling up and celebrating with family and friends outdoors or staying warm indoors? Whatever way you celebrated, partying or sleeping in, I hope that this New Years brings you all happiness, success and good health ❤
Hubby and I decided there was no way we were heading outdoors in – 30 degree C temp! So instead I built a terrarium in the afternoon, made some home made apple cider, baked some vegan brownies (with and without walnuts) and then my Parents, Hubby and I celebrated with some friends at home. We played Pictionary and ate a lot of snacky-type foods (chips, dip, sandwiches, samosas etc.). We counted down to 2018 and greeted one another Happy New Year! Overall, a very busy and fun day! Today is a little bit more relaxed just lazing in my PJs beside the fire place, updating my blog and reading up on how to care for succulents.
Here are some pics from the night!
Unfortunately it totally skipped my mind to capture some food pics and game pics! Sorry about the unattractive left over brownies pic!
The Apple Cider was a big hit! I made it in the InstantPot. If you’re making it for a party, start early as it takes 6 hours to simmer. Makes 10+ glasses of hot apple cider.
Home Made Apple Cider
8 red delicious apples
2 tart oranges
10 cups water
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large sticks of cinnamon
1 – 1 1/2 teaspoon of cloves
1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- Slice apples and oranges. Remove seeds. Stick them in the InstantPot.
- Fill the cheese cloth with the spices (cloves, cardamom) and put in pot.
- Sprinkle nutmeg powder on the apples and oranges. Place two cinnamon pieces in the pot.
- Pour 10 cups of water.
- Close InstantPot and set to “Slow Cook” for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours open the InstantPot, remove the cheese cloth of spices. Blend the softened apples and oranges. Place the spices back into the pot. Add half a cup of brown sugar. Close the pot and press “Slow cook” for another 3 hours.
- After the next 3 hours are over, open the InstantPot and strain the pureed mix and collect the juices.
- Serve the apple cider hot and enjoy! 🙂
- If the apple cider is not sweet enough, you can add more sugar if you prefer.
Here are some pics from my terrarium project! My next blog post will be on a step-by-step tutorial on how to create a terrarium using an old fish tank!
Good evening and see you again!